A little Introduction…
Again I’m am writing about radius manager after a long time. But this time something more updated that is installation of Radius Manager in CentOS 7 which is currently the latest Cent OS version available. Here I will do the installation in a 64 bit version of CentOS 7 downloaded recently from CentOS Official website.
As we all know Radius Manager is a product of DMA Softlabs. Their support team told me that CentOS 7 is not compatible and told me to install 32 bit version of CentOS 6. But I thought of installing the latest OS ofr more updated and secured feature sets.
Initially I faced a lot of problem while trying to install Radius Manager 4 in CentOS 7. But eventually after lot of research and discussions with Mr. Syed Jahanzaib helped me to come up with a solution and install Radius Manager 4 in CentOS 7 perfectly.
However, If you want to install it in Ubuntu Server follow this.
- CentOS 7 (64 bit preferred) – Downloadable from CentOS Official website – CentOS-7.0-1406-x86_64-DVD.iso
- Radius Manager 4.1.6 – Downloadable from customer portal of DMA Softlab.
- Radius Manager License Files – lic.txt and mod.txt – Downloadable from customer portal of DMA Softlab after purchase or trial.
Note: If you need to change MAC for CentOS 7 please refer to my tutorial here.
Update: Some users are facing yum repo issues after installing epel. To solve that:
1. nano /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo
2. Replace https with http.
3. Save and exit.
4. yum repolist. Verify installation is successful.
4. Issue yum update
Steps to install Radius Manager 4 in CentOS 7
- After you clean install CentOS 7 with proper NIC MAC Address configured, install nano for editing the configuration files.
yum install update
yum install nano
- Disable SELinux by editing the following and changing SELINUX=disabled